Monday, August 28, 2006

IEP Meeting Set Up...

Thursday morning we have the IEP meeting. I am hoping the advocate gets back to me and can at least give me some pointers as to what I should ask for for Spenser. I am still tossing around the idea of a shortened school day for him, but then again I am not sure if that is really needed.

What I really want to happen is to have the hand writing issue resolved. I know they have machines at the school that are basically little word processors for students who have issues that affect their being able to write. I want Spenser to have access to that since that seems to be a huge trigger for him.

Right now I get the feeling that they think he is just an ill behaved child, willful and uncooperative. He isn't. He is ill. Plain and simple.

This is so frustrating. The good thing, I have the vice principal and school counselor on my side, and I do think his teacher is as well, but she has to come around to the thinking of this as an illness.

Wish me luck, I think I am going to need it!


No comments: