Monday, April 09, 2007

Snow On My Mother Effing Birthday

Because you know it's spring, and it really should be only 30 degrees out and snowing. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh.

I did not get to go go cart racing like I wanted, because that is done outside, and it was too cold, too blah, and on and on.

Went to the batting cages, and of course the place we go to sucks major monkey nuts. At least 3 out of the 6 cages didn't work correctly, and 1 didn't work at all. Add to that, that no one besides my brother and me like the batting cages, and everyone was thrilled.

So I felt like an ass. I felt like no one had fun. Which really sucks, because it was supposed to be fun.

Add to that, that at varying parts through the day I was getting mixed signals from a very close, friend--flirting, seriously flirting with me during the day when none of the other people were there, and then not flirting at all, hell not even looking at or talking to me, but talking and flirting with another of our friends, and I felt like I was yet again the odd person out.

Thankfully because Rob was there, I had a good time. I guess I don't get the whole, I am attracted to you, but when others are around I will act like I don't, to the extreme thing. Hell, flirting is fun. Damn it don't stop because there are others around. But that is a whole 'nother rant, for a whole 'nother day.

We had the limo all day, which was excellent even though Rob got criticized for it as frivolous and completely a waste of money.

It wasn't.

I enjoyed it immensely.

I liked that I could take a friend who was down in the dumps out for coffee and donuts, and then go to Target, looking like we just rolled out of bed, in a limo. The looks we got were priceless, and she enjoyed herself for the hour we were gone.

The look on the little boy's face we picked up, who has severe CP, and the laughter from him, were worth every penny right there.

For that 20 to 30 minutes he was normal like all the other kids that got to ride in the limo, got to karaoke, and just got to be out of his wheel chair.

Like everyone else.

The delight he had in this simple act is enough that even if the limo was double what we paid, it still would have been worth it.

Rob got to be Santa Claus to all of the kids, but in particular to this kid, because he could do that magical thing, of making him just like everyone else. No differences. Just priceless.

And me, well I love that he would and does things like that for me. It pampered me in a way that I don't normally get pampered.

I didn't have to worry about any of our friends drinking and driving. I could have a drink and not feel guilty because of it. I didn't have to worry about Rob having to drive.

It was pure and simple luxury. And yeah the sticker shock will get me when I have to write that check, but then again, you only live once. And I figure you can't take it with you, so you might as well have some fun with it.

Most of all though, it meant Rob and I could actually talk and hold hands while we were going places. I didn't have to have one ear and eye on the road and I was totally into the conversation. Wonderful.

Remind me later to tell you about the strip joint. Heh.

No comments: