Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Airport


Well, we took Rob to the airport lastnight. I am so glad he doesn't often have to go away. Spenser was shattered. He cried and cried. Some of it was forced, but he was honestly very sad to see his dad go away. I tried to explain that it was only for a little over a full day, but you know kids like dogs have no sense of time, what so ever.

Some of the funniest parts were when he was trying to be sad, and cry, and would utter such hopeless phrases such as:

"I think I cried out all of my tears, but I am still crying." Said with a mostly straight face.

"I am not going to eat until Dad comes home." This would be the petulant phase.

And the ever popular:
"I just don't know what I am going to do without him, maybe I should just stay home tomorrow." Nice try, don't think so!

Strangely enough, I found a cure for his sadness. It comes in tall, grande and venti. It is frozen too. A vanilla bean frappaccino from Starbucks was enough to get the smile back on his face.

I just noticed I am on my 97th post. Only a few more till 100. Maybe I will make it there today, as I have a lot more to blog about. Although time is going to be dictated by two two year olds. Lots of running around and playing today!

:)

No comments: