Friday, May 05, 2006

The Blue Screen Of Death.......

As if my life was not already stressful enough, my computer decides it is now the time to start flaking out on me.

OMG.

So a couple days ago I got the blue screen of death. Luckily Rob was here, and fixed it--turned it off, let it reset, and turned it back on. Everything was fine. I was perplexed, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

I have been editing my photos, posting to my blog, emailing people, generally working on the computer. No problems.

So I go to Delphi forums, and read at a few forums there. I was reading at the one I read like every 3 days or something, and I get the fucking blue screen of death. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I quickly turn off the computer--thank you HP for not putting a reset button on the computer.

Stare at it like it is possessed, because obviously it must be. Count to like 25 and turn it back on. Now when I turn it back I hold my breath, close my eyes and cross my fingers, so essentially I look like a fucking nut. It starts up normal. I take a breath, and open my eyes. I still have my fingers crossed.

I then get this registry has been changed warning. WTF. WTF.

I can't get a hold of Rob to find out what to do. So I leave it be. It is staring at me. Mocking me. Laughing at me. Taunting me with thoughts of computer demise.

It is at that moment that I think to myself:

"If my computer dies right now, I will go jump out of a window."

Then I think about that statement. I have a problem with that statement. I think:

"If I jump out my windows, I won't end up doing anything but bruising myself, because our windows are maybe 6 feet off the ground, this being a ranch style house. Crap."

Wow. Just wow. I won't even be able to off myself in spectacular fashion. Is there no justice in this world?

For the love of everything that is holy, someone please, give me a break.

Ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

No comments: