Sunday, May 21, 2006

Jungle Jims Rocks!

Yesterday we went to a place called Jungle Jims. It is a huge grocery store about 40 minutes from where I live. We go there every so often because it is just one of the neatest places around.

They have all sorts of things. They have food, and drinks and all that good stuff from around the world. Did I mention it is huge? Like really freakin huge? Well it is very big.

Inside they have it all separated out into sections. A lot of the sections are by country. Then you have a few that are divided because of what items they carry--meat/deli/bakery/seafood/cheese.

We of course go through the cheese shop first. Because I am a huge freakin geek (thanks to my hubby) I fully expected to hear the Cheese Shop skit from Monty Python being played over the loud speakers. In fact I wish it had been playing, because it is freakin hilarious. Cracks me up. Every kind of cheese you could ever want. Just gobs and gobs of cheese. It is truly stunning to see the many different kinds of cheese there are in this world, and I know this is just a small sample, but still, there are aisles and aisles of the cheese. A lactose intolerant persons nightmare!

The bakery has way too much bakery goodness. They had amish whoopie pies--soooooooo good. They have breads, croissants, danish, donuts, cookies, cakes, pies--everything a good bakery should have. And everything there is fantastic. Just amazing. I could weigh 400 pounds just looking at the stuff.

The deli has every kind of deli type item you ever wanted--anything from pickle loaf (which I love) to ham. Different types of sliced cheeses (see even more cheese on top of cheese!). They even have these huge pickle barrels. They have like 6 different kinds of pickles. So of course we had to get some of those. They have spicy pickles which I love, so I got 2 of them. It is the only place I can get them, and I love them so much. God they are good. Rob got garlic pickles, and they are very good too.

The meat section had angus beef, and Kobe beef, which is just outrageous price wise. Lots of different meats there too.

I love this place. It is like heaven, since I love food, and love to cook. It is indeed a foodies heaven. I think we are going back this afternoon/evening with friends, to get chocolate. They have a lot of different chocolate as well.

Amazing.

No comments: