Thursday, May 25, 2006

Oh Snap--A Three Day Weekend!

Three glorious days of sleeping in! Three days of not having to do anything really. Three days to goof off!

This weekend being Memorial Day and all, we get three days to relax. Woo hoo!

I am thinking about going to a batting cage to hit some baseballs around, as that is one of my most favorite things to do, ever. Rob of course does not really enjoy it, but he will go, and I will get to pretend I am a baseball player! I really wish I was on a softball team, but I've not been able to find one around here, and I am not technically supposed to run with my zombie knee.

Yesterday Spenser refused to do his journal at school. Would not do it, and since the person they usually call to deal with him when he decides to be difficult was busy, they pretty much ignored him until it was time for gym class. At which point he refused to go to gym. Sigh.

So they ignored him yet again, and he ended up falling asleep until it was time to come home. This of course meant I had to get him to do his journal entry here. Not a fun thing. He wouldn't do it last night, and to be honest, I just didn't have it in me to fight with him about it. So I let it go.

This morning I asked him if he wanted to do it now or wait until he got to school--at which time they would take recess from him, so he could complete his work. He still refused. That is when I got mean. I told him that if he didn't get it done now, he would not be playing with his best friend after school today. This tactic actually worked, and I was/am very surprised. He wrote his six sentences, with nary a complaint. I think hell may be freezing over at this point. Heh.

Aside from the fact that bi polar children have a severe hatred for hand writing things, I am not sure why this aspect of his schooling is always a struggle of epic proportions. He just thoroughly detest writing. Hopefully next year will be better, and we can get the child the IEP he needs, and maybe it will have something in there about using a computer or word processor instead of having to hand write everything under the sun. Don't get me wrong, I know he has to learn how to write, and he has learned. He can write. But I don't want this to be the one thing in his schooling that sets him off. This is one of those non issue issues, well at least to me.

Oh well.

We have the air conditioning guy coming out tonight. Our central air unit is the original to this house, which means it is at least 30 years old!!! I am afraid to turn the beast on. I think it may catch fire. Yikes. However, we need central air, since the weather here gets really nasty sticky during the summer. Hopefully we can that installed soon.

The joys of home ownership.

Still have not found my wedding band! Grumble, grumble, grumble.

No comments: