Sunday, June 18, 2006

Oh Boy....

Well apparently Russell Crowe must have done something to piss of someone named Tom O'Neil.

He has written a blog post, or comment, whatever it is, about Russell, that while not completely full of lies, I am sure is not completely true as well. Well, since a lot of it is hear say, and opinion.

The problem I have with this is that it is posted in such a fashion, that what he said, will be taken as fact.

He has basically said that Russell is a full tilt alcoholic, and that there is at least one person in Hollywood who will never work with him again.

Now the the last part of that may very well be true, hell I don't even care about that. Who gives a toss about that? Not me, but someone will no doubt latch on to that, then decide it needs to be put with a name, and voila we have a "this person said this..." situation.

What I have the biggest issue with is his armchair diagnosis of alcoholism. That in my opinion is a huge, huge mistake.

This guy to my knowledge is not a doctor, so where he earned his medical degree to diagnose alcoholism is beyond me. That would be like me diagnosing knee injuries because I have had one. Someone will link to this article, and that will be the part that gets the most press.

Is Russell an alcoholic? I have no fucking clue.

Is it any of my business? Nope, not one bit.

Is it any of this twits business? Nope, certainly not.

Should said twit be making a diagnosis like this in a blog about someone he doesn't even really know? Probably not.

That said, there is a thing called free speech, so I suppose he has every right to say whatever the hell he wants. I just hope that anyone who reads the blog, takes it with a grain of salt, or at least a twist of lime! Hahaha!


No comments: