Friday, July 14, 2006

My Body Hates Me....

I think I am getting the shingles again. I hope I am not, but I have a spot on my leg that is torture to touch, or even when I shiver, it hurts like a bitch. It hurts to have my shorts, or even my long t shirt just barely wisp past it. The spot that is tender is also hot to the touch.

Sigh. And then there is the whole shiver thing--I am getting chills every so often. Sort of odd since I am the queen of hot flashes. There is no visible lesion yet, so I am hoping that I am totally wrong here, because shingles hurt. A lot.

If I have them, I will have to go to the doctor and get pain meds, because they hurt that bad. Not only that, but they will want to give me the drug they gave me last time I had them, the genital herpes meds. Not going to do it. It screwed my stomach up big time, and honestly I do not think it helped. Not to mention it is really, really embarrassing to have to get it from the pharmacy, because I am sure they thought I had drippy drawers, even though I made sure to tell them it was for Shingles. Only shingles. Not cool man. Not cool.

I suppose the stress of the last couple weeks/months is catching up to me yet again. Not fun. Not cool. Total bummer.

Of course I am in denial about it. I refuse to think I have them until I have an actual spot. I mean really , 2 days of really sensitive skin in one spot that is hot to the touch, and chills doesn't necessarily mean shingles, right?

Like I said, my body hates me. That's ok, I hate it too sometimes.

No comments: