Monday, September 18, 2006

Multi-Grain Cakes = Yummy!

Instead of getting the usual rice cakes to snack on, I picked up multi-grain cakes. In cinnamon roll flavor. They are so good. Only 50 calories for one, and it is crunchy and tasty and sweet all at the same time! I think I will be buying more. Spenser had one for breakfast, and so did I. I of course am having a hot, caffeinated beverage as well.

I have decided I am not a big fan of morning. I would love to be able to sleep even just one more hour. But for whatever reason, I get up, make Spenser his lunch, and then get Spenser up, get him his breakfast of choice, get his clothes, make sure he takes his meds, and then wipes his hands and face, and gets dressed in the clothes I have picked out for him. I am just not all that much of a morning person. Never have been really. Not even when I was watching children. I would force myself to be pleasant, when all I wanted to do was sleep and tell people to leave me alone so I could do that.

Oh well.

So we are going to have a get together on the 30th and so far nearly everyone has rsvp'd. Actually nearly everyone rsvp'd within the first 3 days of getting the invite. It was truly odd. Since the last time no one rsvp'd, except 2 people, and one of those people, never showed up!!! We are having appetizers and dessert. Probably about 5 or 6 different appetizers and a few desserts--no huge sit down dinner like normal. I am excited. It is always so much fun! I think, scratch that, I know one of the appetizers will be spicy chicken wraps, like you get at PF Chang. I make a killer version of that, and serve it with peanut sauce and also for those who are not fans of peanut sauce, a soy-chili sauce. So good. I might also do cold sesame noodles. Mmmmmm. Did I mention I love the food. My food that I make.

Alright I must check on the bipolar wonder. More later folks!

No comments: