Monday, October 16, 2006

Dinner, Oh How I Love Thee...

I am making lasagna for dinner tonight. I love, love, love lasagna, but rarely make it, because it is a bit labor intensive.

I make my spaghetti sauce from scratch, so I have to be sure that I have that on hand, or the ingredients for it on hand.

Then I have to have the noodles. As house bitch like as I am, I will not make the noodles from scratch, unless I have to. Been there. Done that. Lots of work.

I have to ricotta on hand, which I don't normally buy. I have to have either provolone, or mozzarella on hand. Usually we have provolone.

Then you have the putting it together. Not that it is difficult, but you know it does take some time, and well to be honest, I don't always feel like putting forth that effort.

Today however, I am. And I am looking forward to it! Now I just have to get a couple cans of spinach, because really what good is lasagna without the spinach in it? And yes I said canned. I love canned spinach. In fact I often eat it straight from the can! So I am excited about dinner tonight.

Yippee!

No comments: