Monday, November 20, 2006

Once Upon A Turkey

So Thanksgiving is Thursday.

We are going to my parents like we do every year. Only this year, I am doing all the cooking. I am so excited. I love, love, love to cook. More importantly, I love to cook for others. It is something i am good at. Something I excel at.

Mom had bunion surgery on Friday and so she really cannot walk, and is currently hopped up on Demerol and anti-nausea drugs. So I get to do all of it.

The turkey.
The stuffing.
The potatoes.
The sweet potatoes (2 different kinds!)
The hash brown casserole.
The green bean casserole.
The corn.
The savory cherry sauce. (yum)
The rolls.

And anything else that I think to make! Rob wants to help, so that is awesome. But I plan on Wednesday to go to mom's and start the cooking. That way I am not rushed on Thursday!

In unrelated news, I got two new pairs of sneakers. Really cute, and really casual. One pair is pink and brown plaid, styled like chucks. The other is a blue and brown plaid/solid, with sort of like fringey areas that are supposed to looked a little ripped up. Again the chucks style. So cute. Now if only my freaking bone on my big toe would stop hurting. (Bunion forming, thanks to genetics, can.not.escape.genetics.)

So cool. Makes me happy to get new shoes! the blue ones, I had to get a little bit big, a size 7 because they didn't have 6.5, and I even though I could fit in a 6, I wanted a little room.

Today was a good day.

No comments: