Monday, December 17, 2007

Men, Gah!!!

I swear that as long as I live, I will never, ever understand the thought process that a man has. I will never understand how most men have no edit feature, so whatever is in their brain, comes straight out of their mouths.

And I will never understand why they say one thing, when they clearly do not intend to stick to what it is that they have said. It truly boggles my mind.

Rob has not been having a good time of it lately. In fact he is pretty rough right now. Enough so that he is unfortunately taking it out on everyone else, so everyone will feel miserable like he does. Now I know that he doesn't really mean it. I know that he doesn't realize he is doing it. However it still stings. And I still have to explain to Spenser that daddy doesn't really mean what he is saying, or doing. Fortunately Spenser seems to forgive quickly enough. And I know Rob feels guilty after he realizes, or is told how he has behaved, and he does all the right things. It is getting to that point however that is exhausting. Sigh.

And then we have the other person who is exceedingly conflicted. I have pretty much decided that I am not making the effort anymore. I just end up getting hurt. This past weekend was a prime example. We had a cookie and kids party so that everyone could bring their kiddos, and the adults could see each other. I made about 4 dozen melt away shortbread cookies, Rob made roll and cut Christmas cookies. I made little gift buckets for the kids, candy, play dough, a cup, a bracelet, all in a little holiday bucket and wrapped in cellophane with a bow. Well ding dong had told us that he was taking his kids to see their grandparents, but that he would stop by. That was cool with us. Well, surprise surprise, he didn't stop by. Didn't call to say he wasn't going to stop by. Hell he couldn't even be bothered to text me back. Grrrr. Again it is the whole rude thing. I get that he is stepping back or whatever pitiful excuse he has, but that is not an excuse to be rude. Of course he texted this morning, and then called.

I really had nothing to say. I mean, do I come right out and say, you know you are being a true asshole? Do I start not taking his calls or texting him back? It was a stilted conversation to say the least. I do want to ask if he is seeing someone, but you know it really isn't my business. At least not anymore.

I am just majorly pissed off right now. And now I must go Christmas shopping. Joy of Joys. Grrrrr.

No comments: