Monday, September 06, 2010

My Love Affair...





I love coffee.

It makes me happy. It makes me feel good. I love the smell, taste and smooth texture of a hot cup o joe.

I am not sure when my love affair with this french-latin hotty began, but all I know is that I am the better for it. I look forward to the beans being ground, the hot water being boiled to perfection, and then the combo of the shiny oily beans and hot water steeping together in harmony. The result is as near to perfection as I will ever get.

It warms me up when I am chilly. It wakes me up when drowsy. It fills me up when I am hungry, and know I should not eat, because my ass is ever so much bigger then it should be. It never rejects me. It is always comforting, at least when at my house.

Hell, even when it is gone, the leftovers are good for my garden. Those coffee grounds, well they make the soil rich and fertile. Unlike me. (I am neither rich, nor fertile)

Oh coffee, you are about the only reason I get out of bed in the morning.

I love you.

No comments: