Friday, January 20, 2006

Scattered Thoughts....


Friday. Thank who ever that it is Friday.
I think I may actually sleep the entire weekend away--not really, but it sounds good.

Tomorrow, my husband will have his band of merry geeks come over and "game" all day long. By game I mean be total geeks, and play D&D. I swear it is like watching over grown kids playing pretend. My husband is the DM. Ooooooh, the all powerful geek master, I mean dungeon master. Hahahaha. Cracks me up. They take it so seriously too. Of course this means I will feel the compulsive need to clean the house, so it can be presentable. Not that they care, because they just sit around the kitchen table playing with their dice, and chattering like chipmunks on speed. Then after I feed them, I will need to clean up that mess as well. Oh well, at least I know they have fun.

Currently outside it is 55*. It is January. It should be like 30. Today it is going to be close to 60*. I have my windows open to air out the house. This weather is so bizarre. Wednesday we had snow. Like an inch or two. Then yesterday it was 50 something, and all the snow melted and turned everything to mud. That of course means, that my kitchen floor looks like someone took a mud mop and decided to give the kitchen a mud bath. The dog apparently thinks the mud is just the best thing in the world. There is even more mud then normal, because before the snow, we had 2-3 days of rain. So under the snow there was ice, and then mud. So all of that has thawed and now we have triple the muddy goodness.

We have daffodils coming up too. Way, way to early. It is almost like being in the southern hemisphere, where this time of the year is warm. Only, if I were in the southern hemisphere right now, I would be making my way, come hell or high water, to a TOFOG concert.

Like I said, scattered thoughts right now!
Now I am off to find the elusive birthday pressie for my mom. Today being her birthday and all, figured I should go out in search of one. Wish me luck, as I have no idea what the hell to get her.

:)

No comments: