Thursday, May 18, 2006

How Long Do You Wait....

How long do you wait to hear back from someone, before you just sort of give up?

Is there a time limit?

I know that I am really bad about keeping up with people/friends, when I am in a funk, like I have been for the past two and a half weeks. So I don't really have room to bitch, but still, how long does one wait to hear back from a friend before you decide that you are never going to hear back from them, and should just move on?

And while waiting to hear from the friend, do you e mail them? Call them? I mean I have called and tried to leave messages, but inevitably the message gets cutoff. I don't want to appear to be stalkerish, and send a dozen e mails, which frankly I would do, but I don't want to come across as clingy, or needy, or weird. Well weirder then I am already.


Another thing, when someone says they are going to do something, how long before you say, I guess it isn't gonna happen?

I guess that is where I have my issues. I don't know when to just let go/give up, and when to just sort of lay low and hang in there. I try not to take non communication personally, but it is very hard to do that. I always, always think the worst. I always think I am bothering people, and I don't want to be one of those rude people who just doesn't give two craps about what others feel.
My problem is that I just don't know when to let go.

This of course sounds incredibly pathetic, but I am serious. When does one move on?


No comments: