Monday, June 12, 2006

Did Portraits Today...

Went to the park today and met a friend of mine and her three children, so I could do a series of portraits for a Father's Day gift. They pretty much all turned out fantastic. I was very happy. Now she has to decide which ones she wants printed out, so I can run to Costco and get it done. They print out the photos very well. And they are inexpensive as well!

After that I went to the local greenhouse where I have my photos on sale, I wanted to see if any had sole. I am sort of getting a hinky feeling from the owner of the greenhouse. I found her and asked if any had sole and the first thing out of her mouth was "No!". Followed by a "You should go look." So look I did. It would appear three of them have sold. So I left. Without collecting any money, because as I said, I just got this weird feeling. I figure I will give it another week, and then I am going to pull my photos from there and get my money.

I am planning on going to the local Barnes and Noble bookstore, and see if I can display some of my prints. They had a sign that said to ask about displaying art work, so I will do that. Hopefully that will work out.

I just don't know how to go about getting the ball rolling with the photography thing. I have done portraits for numerous people. I have done some for a business and that has not panned out at all. I just need to figure out how to make some money off this, since I enjoy it, and it is one of those things where I can take Spenser with me if I need to.

I am also interested in doing some work from home stuff, but everything out there is a scam, and I refuse to pay money to find work. Not happening. I can do data entry, rather well. I can edit. I can transcribe. I can research. I just would like to be paid for it, because I want some spending money, and it would nice to have a little cushion for all the emergencies that seem to pop up all the time. Sigh.

So anyone out there who needs either a kick ass photographer, or some data entry/editing/transcription/research, etc., shoot me an email or leave me a comment, same difference really!

No comments: