Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Whole Adult Life....

I have been with my husband for my entire adult life.

I think that is pretty uncommon these days.

It actually makes me proud that I have been with the same person for that long.

I know when I first got with him, a lot of people thought it was some passing relationship. Something that was not going to be serious, let alone last past a year or two. After all, I had only dated like one or two people previously, as I was sort of a late bloomer.

When we started dating I was 18, and he was 25. He had been through college, and I was just starting my college.

But I knew on our first date, that I would be with him forever. I just knew it, and it was very difficult for me not to say anything to that effect, and scare him off.

At the end of the first date, I wanted to tell him that I loved him, but knew it was just way too soon to blurt it out. I think I waited until our fourth date. I didn't say it to have him say it back, because he didn't say it back at that point in time, even though I know he wanted to. I said it because it was how I felt, and I knew that feeling would never change.

We have been together for going on 13 years. Married for 8, as of yesterday.

Being with him, living life with him, sharing life with him has been the best thing I ever did, short of having a child with him, which also ranks right up there in the "good things I have done in life" department. I cannot and do not want to imagine my life without him. My life would be nothing without him. I would wither and die.

This is a belated anniversary post, since yesterday I was so very busy finishing a project for his company. He however knows how I feel, because I think I tell him just about everyday.

You drive me crazy, you make me angry, you give me joy, you make me laugh, you show me things I didn't know existed, you make me feel loved, cherished, and needed, you make me feel wanted. You make me strive to be a better person, to be smarter, sexier, funnier, nicer, and above all, you make me proud to be your wife!

I love you to the moon and beyond!

No comments: