Friday, June 09, 2006

Woo Hoo It's Friday!

Spenser is going to my parents for the weekend. Ah the reprieve I so desire. Of course saying that makes me feel like a shit, but damn it, he wants entertained all.the.time.

I even said to him yesterday in a moment of insanity and annoyance:
"Are you not entertained?"

Channeling my inner Maximus. Heh. He did not get it. It was completely lost on him, which I knew it would be, but I thought Rob would at least get the reference, and yet if he did, he didn't say a damn thing. Very disappointing to very carefully set it up to say something like that, and then have no one remark on it. Shrug.

So I took the Boy Wonder on a walk this morning. Not even 10 minutes away from home and I hear the dreaded words.

"Man this is a long walk already Mom."

I thought my brain might explode. I just shook my head, cause really what can one say. Then after another 5 minutes he started with the:

"My knees hurt, I think I need a rest."

That time I actually think some of my brain matter did leave my skull. Because I felt this searing pain. Strangely it was not in my head, but more southerly, like in my ass. I gritted my teeth, forced a smile and kept walking. Ugh.

This is going to be a long summer. The child has already decided he doesn't want to walk every day, which is too freakin bad, he will be doing it, because he needs to either maintain the weight he has now, or actually lose some. He has also somehow gotten it into his head that he needs constantly entertained.

*Banging head against the wall, repeatedly*

He has many things he could do, he just chooses not to. I am frustrated. I have no clue what to do with the child.
There is only so much:

"Play with me, entertain me, but do it this way,"

I can take before I myself have a complete and total mental breakdown, which leaves me running down the street naked ripping the hair from the top of my head and screaming like a banshee. Well ok, maybe not naked, but you get the idea.

Well I must clean. Yea, the daily happenings of a house bitch!

No comments: