Saturday, July 08, 2006

People Change....

I suppose this applies to everyone across the board. Everyone changes in some way. Some change for the better, some for the worse, and some just make lateral changes that are neither good or bad.

What I have an issue with, is someone who makes a change for the worst, and doesn't even seem to comprehend what they are doing.

Without getting into specifics, because it is not my place, I have a couple friends who are going through some very big changes. Changes that even a week and half ago, I would have laughed off as ridiculous had someone told me of the future.
changes that are being made. Perhaps unwisely made decisions, perhaps not.

Who knows.

All I know is that I am beyond shocked and saddened that it has come to this. It just doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but again, not my life, so what do I really know.

How well do we know our friends and loved ones? I mean really know them.

I would like to think that I know my husband better then I know myself, but I don't kid myself. I know what he allows me to know, just as he knows what I allow him to know.

Thing is, there is this unspoken agreement you have when you decide to share you life with someone, that you will be open and honest, because that is what makes any relationship solid. The trust and knowledge that who you live with, love, or otherwise have a life with is the person you think they are. And vice versa.

I look at Rob and thank my lucky stars that I have the relationship with him that I have. That I am honest and open with him, and that he is the same with me. We have made it a priority to be that way with one another, and I think our relationship is better because of it.

So I guess that what saddens me the most is that it would appear people that we know, are in fact people we really do not know. And just what does one do with that knowledge? Not much one can do, except to move forward, and hope that maybe you do know your friends, or you decide to make an effort to get to know them better.

I am just blabbering away here. Sigh.

Life never seems to work out quite the way you plan.

No comments: