Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Can A 31 Year Old Get Alzheimer's?

Because I swear to all that is holy, I have it.

So remember me saying how I had the lawyer appointment today? Well I drove all the way down there, using directions I printed out, which were total crap. Anyway after parking where the directions pointed me to, I walk up to the building I think is the building I need. Wrong. I am about 2 blocks east of where I need to be.

It is 9 in the morning about 85 out already, and I have to walk the two blocks, because I have already been monetarily raped for parking to the tune of 10 bucks. I am wearing new shoes too. I didn't expect to be walking so much or I would have worn different ones. Sigh.

Walk the two steamy, stinky blocks, all the while fearing I will be mugged or some other horrible thing, because there were a ton of shay individuals about, get into the building go up to the floor, and tell the receptionist that I am here. She buzzes my attorney, and then I hear:

"Oh no. Oh."

I look up at her, and she has sympathy in her eyes as she tells me:

"You have the wrong day honey. The meeting was scheduled for tomorrow, but K is coming down to meet you anyway. Did you park in our garage? I can validate so you don't have to pay..."

At this point I think I am as red as the shirt I have worn. I swear to god, I had hoped the floor would open up and swallow me whole right then, because I felt like such a moron.

"I got the wrong directions, so I ended up parking further away, so I don't think it will work to have the parking validated."

"Oh, well next time you need to come here, you call me the day before and I will give you the right directions!"

I wanted to die. Right there.

The attorney shows up and we have this same discussion about parking and the wrong day and yadda, yadda, yadda.

Oi I must have looked like a complete and utter moron.

Anyway it all worked out. We were still able to have the meeting, but I still want to know why the hell I though it was today. I get home and look on the calender and sure enough it is marked for tomorrow.

WTF?

I swear I am losing my ever loving mind.

No comments: