Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tomorrow, The Lawyer....

So tomorrow I have a meeting with my lawyer. Never in my life did I ever think those words would come out of my mouth. This is not marital lawyer, but a personal injury lawyer. Without getting into specifics, because I do not want to blow my chances of having this matter settled out of court, I was injured through no fault of my own, and am now in negotiations with a large corporation for compensation for my on going pain and suffering.

In the beginning, all I wanted was for the corporation to pay for med costs and maybe throw a little extra my way, since it was their fault that I became injured. Not a huge amount, just something as an apology. I never intended to have a lawyer. They forced me though, when they offered me 20 bucks. Yep 20 bucks.

To put it mildly, I was not amused. 20 dollars didn't even begin to cover my copays, or the time my husband had take off work to care for me. Nor did it address that I might need, and eventually did have a surgical procedure because of said injury.

So now we are trying to get this matter settled. If they do not play ball, we will have to file a law suit in September, because there is a statute of limitations. I really don't want to have to go to court, but I will if it becomes necessary.

So anyway this is me bitching and moaning because I have to be there at 9:30 tomorrow morning. There being downtown. Through rush hour traffic. Not to mention I have a panic attack just trying to figure out where the hell I have to go.

Yikes.

No comments: