Sunday, August 06, 2006

We Are Melting, Literally....

Whoever left the gates of hell open at my front door, please come back and shut them.

It feels like a damn furnace here. Literally. It is currently 90 freaking hot degrees in my humble home.

90 degrees.

I am literally coated in sweat. My legs, like my shins, are sweating. Let's not even go into details about say, under my boobs, and down my back. I swear to god, I have never been so utterly hot and miserable before in my life.

I am making and drinking unsweetened iced tea like there is going to be a shortage. I go through close to a gallon a day. All the chocolate in the house has been moved to the fridge. Do you know how much chocolate that is? A lot.

Hell the garage is nice and cool compared to the rest of the house. Ick. Just ick.

Calgon, take me away. Don't bring me back until a working compressor is installed and has cooled the house to a nice 75 degrees. Hell right now I would settle for 80!!!

The best part of all of this? My mother in her infinite wisdom, has told me to stay cool. How might you ask will that happen? She said "take cold showers."

Hmmm. Talk about helpful. Not. Sounding just like her mom. Who gave her the same helpful type of advice. Not help, but strange not so helpful advice. Gee, thanks mom.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I'm melting.....

No comments: