Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I Love Clearance, And Apparently He Loves Me Too!

Oh Clearance, how I love thee, let me count the ways!

As you all may have figured out by now, I am a cheap ass bastard. Note that I did not say cheap ass looking bastard, even though that may also be the truth. Heh.

Anyway, I hate paying full freaking price for anything. Say for instance shoes.

Now I love me some new shoes. Am I going to pay full price? Not usually. Am I going to pay half price? Maybe. Am I going to buy shoes that are like 75% off? You betcha.

Yesterday after picking the bipolar wonder up from school (a good day. For the love of everything that is holy, it was a good day!), I decided baby boy needed new shoes.

Now you see, I am of the almost midget variety. Since I am of the almost midget variety, I have small feet. Like I can wear kids shoes, I shit you not.

My son, well he is 7.5 years old. The child has massive feet. I seriously thought about buying shoe boxes and laces, and saying donezo!

When I say he has massive dogs, I mean they are really huge, for a 7.5 year old. He wears a size 5, almost 5.5 in mens/young mens shoes.

He is not even 8.

Do you know how expensive shoes are for a kid with feet that big, and they are still growing? Maybe I shouldn't have stuck his feet in the miracle grow when he was but a wee lad! (Just kidding, I would never do a thing like that, well ok, maybe I would, but you know not his feet, or even anything on him, maybe my, oh never mind, that is just way too twisted!)

So he can no longer get the cool cartoon like gym shoes every other child gets, because those only go up to like a size 2, sometimes 3 if you are lucky. Hell I can't even get him shoes with the cool epileptic fit lights on them. He has to get the "normal" tennis/basketball/generic gym type shoe.

So we go to Famous Footwear, because we were there, and they have good sales. I was not disappointed, let me tell you.

I got Spenser 3 pairs of shoes for the price of 1. Count em, 3!

He got 2 pair of "skater" shoes, and 1 pair of "basketball" shoes. For, are you ready, are you ready?

42 dollars.

How flipping great is that?

The skater shoes were 10 a piece and the basketball shoes were 20! I got them all a little big, because I figure he will outgrow any shoes I buy, fairly quickly. Maybe this way he can wear them past Christmas.

Now if only I could find 3 pair of shoes for me for that price. I would be in heaven.

No comments: