Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Am Still Alive...

But this surgery has totally kicked my ass.

I have some weird tongue thingie going on.

And by weird I mean it is swollen and has blisters on it, and even ice cream and Popsicles feel like fire.

Then there is the whole voice thing. I sound like I have gravel in my throat. Apparently it is a reaction to be intubated. Yippee.

Monday my bottle of percocet disappeared. I kid you not. It grew legs and walked away, because for all the searching I have done, I cannot find it. Freaks me the fuck out.

So I called my doc yesterday told him about the tongue/voice thing and the magical disappearing percs.

I got an appointment to make sure I wasn't have an allergic reaction to something, and slowly dying, and a new script for percs.

Thank fucking god.

I am sore. It is the sore that tells me he removed a lot of bad stuff and my innerds are still healing.

So yesterday I got sweet relief in the form of percocet and magic mouthwash.

Icky magic mouthwash, that turns parts of my tongue black, like a freakin chow dog. Look it up, chows have black spotted tongues.

Tomorrow I go see my surgeon and find out where all the bad stuff was, and if he thinks it will happen again ( i think it will) and if there is anything I can do to prevent it (nope).

But I am still alive. Just not doing much of anything other then laying around. SO TIRED.

No comments: