Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday, Just Thursday.

Yesterday was marginally difficult. Today is blah.

After school Spenser got very upset with me, because I had to go to the store, and he wanted me to double back home, to get his DS. I refused. The last time I gave in to that request, he still threw a fit, and so, I figured what did I have to gain by getting it for him?

So he threw a mongo fit. He kicked me, said mean things, just turned into an ass. So I grounded him from playing with anyone. Then he went manic. Could not fall asleep, was talking a hundred miles a minute, was fixated on a game, and just generally like Jo Jo the monkey boy. At 11 I ended up giving him a Benedryl, because he so desperately needed to go to sleep. Sigh.

Last night was frustrating even beside that. With out going into specifics, I was summarily cut off in the midst of a story I was telling, and then ignored. Pissed me off. I was not amused. Add to that some comments that I am sure were made in jest, but still stung me none the less, and I was ready to explode.

So I went to my best friends house. Luckily she lives next door. And vented. And listened to her. And vented. And listened to her. I am so glad I have her. She totally gets my life, how I live it, and all the frustrations I am having currently. She is like the sister I don't have. (yes I have two but I am not close to either and I doubt they would understand my life views.)

I had to take Spenser to the shrinky dink today, it was his check up. Thankfully. We have upped his dosage again. I hope that works. I also asked him about some of the side effects that the Abilify is seeming to have on him. Like severe diarrhea. Which I have been controlling with 1/2 an Immodium daily. He said if that worked stick with it, because the Abilify could cause that. I hate having to give him all these meds, but it is something that has to be done. He only went up a pound, which is good, because he has also grown about an inch. So his weight gain has slowed almost completely.

Now I am waiting for the school bus to come. Hopefully Spenser will be in a good mood. Hopefully Phred will actually email/text me, and my evening will be a good one.

Oh yeah I had someone tell me I looked tired today. I take that to mean I look like shit on stick. Lovely.

No comments: