Friday, October 19, 2007

Glue Fumes And Witch Hats

I got invited to a little Halloween party tonight. It is with Rob's mom and her friends/co-workers. Can I tell you how cool it is that I got invited? I know that may sound lame, but honestly, I think it is just the neatest thing.

I actually feel like part of Rob's family! Unlike my own, where I am pretty sure I only exist when it is convenient for them. And by my family I mean my older siblings and parents. Yep, I have issues. I am working on them.

Speaking of issues and older siblings, the moron is getting shipped off to Iraq in December. Lovely. Not trying to be a bitch, but let's face it, I am, I told him this would happen. I told our parents that this would happen. Did they listen? No. I got to hear over and over again, how since he was going through officer training he would not be shipped out, blah, blah, blahbedy blah. Call me cynical, but I didn't for one moment believe that that would give him a reprieve from "duty" for this uber patriotic cause (end sarcasm).

Now I will get to hear all the boo hooing that he is going over. How it's unfair, how he has a family and kids, and just got a new job. Well duh, most everyone over there is in the same situation--family, kids, jobs. Give me a fucking break.

You decided it was oh so important to join back up, don't bitch and whine because you didn't have the foresight to see that this was going to happen.

Back to the Halloween thingie. I am making an apple dump cake, mmmmmm apples and cake mix and butter. Yum. And I have to decorate a witch hat. Which is where the glue fumes come in. I was gluing silver sequins to the brim of the hat last night, with some super duper glue. Apparently it is full of the fumes. I in my innocence did not realize that.

Heh.

The whole living room reeks of glue. Not to mention the accidental huffing it caused. I am sure I lost a good portion of brain cells last night due tot he glue fumes. Oh well.

I have to finish my hat, but when I do, I will post a picture of it. Nothing special. Just mindless arts and crafts!

Hehehehehe.

No comments: