Saturday, December 08, 2007

The 8th Realm Of Transcription Hell....

Animated, Animations

That is what this week was.

I has a shit tonne of transcription, like over 44 hours worth. And no 44 is not some random number, but that is what I billed out at, even though I did more like 50 to 60 hours.

Why did I bill out at 44 you ask? Well I was told that 45 was the highest I could bill out at and still be guaranteed a pay check. So I sucked up the overage, because really at that point, what the hell did it matter?

It was in a word the most BORING shit I have ever transcribed. Hell the phone book being read aloud would have been more interesting. But, it is what it is. And that would be a nice pay check and being able to work from home.

However, my hands hurt. The 12 to 14 hours a day of straight typing is more painful then I thought it would be. I told Rob I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with Popeye arms after this. Because that is where I felt most of the pain, in my forearms. Luckily, they seem to be un-Popeye like. Thank spinach for small favors.





So the situation with Phred is, well different.

I have pretty much given up on anything ever happening between us again. He has closed himself down to some extent, in regards to me. And you know, I guess that is his prerogative. However, I just wish he would ball up and tell me. Because the constant I'm flirting, and then I'm hiding thing is very exhausting.

He is like stereo directions: very difficult to read, and even more difficult to understand, nay, impossible to understand. So I may start calling him Yokohama. If nothing else it will amuse the shit out of me, and confuse everyone else. Heh.

Seriously though, he has enough going on in his life he doesn't really need to deal with my shit, so I am trying to back off, or give up or whatever you want to call it. I mean I would still love to have what we had last year, but I am certain that train has sailed.

He does however need lots of positive thoughts, because he is having a bit of a health crisis. So any spare thoughts you might have for a random stranger in need, would be great. Especially if you think that this is a single father, to 2 wonderful children, who just cannot be as ill as what he may end up being. So you know, I don't ask for this kind of stuff very often, but positive thoughts for Phred would be awesome! And even though things are different between us, I still care for him, a lot, and just want him to be well. Very very well.

In other news, we have to go to the annual holiday party that the employer is throwing, else we is shit canned. Well that is the implication.

I am so looking forward to seeing the devil incarnate this even, no not the boss, one of the guests will be the local sheriff, who is just an asshole.

A close minded, bigoted, small minded, small brained, conservative, pompous ass. He will most likely be wearing his signature devil red sports coat, which amuses me to no end, I just want to walk up to him and give him horns and a tail and pitch fork. I don't think that would be a good thing to do for employment to continue.

Rob wants to know if he can wear his atheist shirt. I said no. I mean I am all for it, but really he needs the employment, if for no other reason then the shitty insurance. Gah.

I shall post more about it tomorrow. Hopefully.

Yippee.

No comments: