Sunday, December 28, 2008

Spenser, again

Spenser is home. He was released yesterday.

Mostly because my husband thought it better he be released when he was home, then on Monday when it would be just me.

Personally I wanted Spenser to remain in the hospital longer. I am literally terrified of this kid.

Yesterday was my own special hell, because I was edgy, and jumpy, and just felt off. Spenser tried some of the old tactics, as I thought he would, escalated a bit, and then cooled off. Lather, rinse, repeat through out the afternoon.

Spenser gets along well with his father, they have been like buddies since he got home. Me? Not so much.

I don't know. Maybe he has changed, but I think he just acted the way he needed to be released.

They did an IQ test on him when he was there, 128 was the overall, and then they deducted points because his reaction speed was slow.

They also said it was a jumping off point, and that because Spenser was being medicated, or rather having his meds tinkered with, he should be tested again, because his score would be considerably higher.

So the child is smart, smart enough to figure out what the staff needed to see/hear to be let go.

Did I mention I am terrified.

ugh.

No comments: