Saturday, September 11, 2010

We all know what today is...

Where were you 9 years ago today?

I was sleeping, after taking Rob to work. Spenser was 1.5 years old, and was snoozing with me. I woke to the sound of the telephone. I didn't get to it in time to answer so I had voice mails. I got out of bed at about 8:45 or so, and made my way to the phone to retrieve the messages.

There were messages from my dad and Rob. Both telling me of what had happened. I quickly turned on my tv. And there I sat mesmerized in horror, as the second tower fell.

I frantically called my dad. My mom was flying out to LA that morning. I was worried. No one knew if other planes would be attacked, and crashed. No one knew anything. My dad was worried.

It wasn't until later that day we heard from mom. she was fine, shaken up but fine. The plane got diverted to St. Louis, and they had to fuel dump before landing.

It was crazy. Scary and crazy!

No comments: